Wednesday, February 3, 2010

With gel nails, can you change the polish color when you go for a fill-in?

I've always gotten acrylic nails, but I'm thinking of trying gel nails. When I get acrylic nails, I may get one color, then when I go back for a fill-in, they can remove the polish and apply a different color. Is this the case with gel nails, also? Will I be able to change polish colors, or convert to french manicure? I've heard before that it can't be done with gel nails unless they remove the gel, but I don't know if that's true or not.With gel nails, can you change the polish color when you go for a fill-in?
Honestly, I don't see the point of getting polish on gel nails. Provided they are true UV gel nails, and not acrylic nails as many cheaper salons will apply and charge you the gel nail price, polish will not adhere as well as it does to acrylic nails. Also, UV gel nails are simply too pretty and when they are done right with high quality products, they have a beautiful high gloss shine. Why cover it up with polish. I don't get it. But, to each their own.


To answer your question, yes, they can change the polish on your nails with no probelm. Gel is not affected by nail polish remover, or acetone. Only acrylic nails are.With gel nails, can you change the polish color when you go for a fill-in?
they most certainly can change your color! what would be the point of getting them if you were always going to have the same color?

No comments:

Post a Comment